Thursday, August 16, 2018

Inspired!

Hey hey, after the last meeting I got a little spur of inspiration and so pulled out the wagons that I was having some trouble with. I spent most of Tuesday and Thursday at the Australian Model Railway Association of Western Australia (AMRA WA) clubrooms in Moojebing St Bassendean, with several members of the S scale SIG, working on my models.

Tuesday morning was spent making up some brass W irons for my 2x Marbellup Models DC vans which were, up until now, only using the 3D printed ones. The rest of the day was spent working on these wagons as well as a RailWest GE that needed coupler heights adjusted and a RailWest GH that needed the W irons soldered which were previously only glued. I have found soldering these to be the best method as they create rigidity and smooth rolling of the axels.

My XA took up most of my time on Thursday trialling different things to get the bogies to stay on the track to no success. This isn't over, to be continued... I also found time to re-glue some parts on my RailWest ZJ and WestOz Models Z9. Thanks to the help and guidance of the other more experienced members, I have a short train that runs beautifully around Swan View behind my A class. A few more wagons to go I think to make a decent train though.

If you have the time and are a member of AMRA WA, I implore you to come down on either a Tuesday or Thursday from 9:30am to 3:00pm. Join us at the modeling desk and you never know, you might learn a thing or two whilst sharing in some great banter, I know I have!

My RailWest A class and train running through Swan View Station.
A close up of my RailWest A class and train running through Swan View Station. 
A1511 long end leading through the S curves after Morrison Road bridge.
A close up of my RailWest A class and train running through Swan View Station. 
My RailWest A class and train running through Swan View Station.
A1511 heading through the S curves after Morrison Road bridge.
My X class Models XA1405 which is requiring a lot of attention at the moment. 
My Marbellup Models DC van receiving new wheels and having couplers adjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment