Sunday, June 2, 2019

Time For A Name Change

Retrospect is a funny thing, often you may look back and wonder why you carried out a task the way that you did.

When this Blog was first created, I named it after what local modellers were referring the scale to, "I model in SN3-1/2", when in most cases they don't, they model in S Scale or 1:64"

Wikipedia best describes it -   Sn3½ is a scale/gauge combination derived from S scale to represent narrow gauge 3ft 6in (1,067mm) track by using 16.5 mm gauge track. The scale is S or 1:64.

So I have renamed the blog accordingly so it just doesn't cover topics about the distance between the rails but to more the modelling scale of "S" for Western Australia.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone ever reads any meaning into blog titles but if it niggles you then go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this helps as there are modellers of the standard gauge in 1:64 scale which a title like Sn3.5 does not cover. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete