Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Swan View Buildings

I volunteered to take on the task of making some replica structures for Swan View that could be screwed down and used on the layout between exhibitions. This meant the buildings would need a floor and a removable roof.
I decided to start with the smaller buildings and made the first one on Sunday. During the week i thought i would take it one further and make a mould and late last night i poured the first casting.
I hadn't used my resin in over a year and had some concerns about what the result would be. With no vacuum chamber there were a few bubbles on the first attempt but i was pleased to remove my first cast structure thismorning.

1 comment:

  1. Great news Cassidy, will be good to see Swan Veiw with buildings more permanently.

    ReplyDelete