Wednesday, March 30, 2011

D6

Rob asked if I would put the occasional post on here so I will start with one of my first WAGR models - in this case it is Hunslet 0-4-0ST D6 known in its early days as "Little Tom" and used at first as the Fremantle Jetty shunter.


The model has a scratchbuilt body of brass and nickel silver built on a much modified "Branchlines" pug replacement chassis.  Wheels are Sharman (I think) and the motor is a Mashima. There are a couple of errors which I have noticed over the years and I still haven't got around to getting some cabside numberplates done for it.  The crew are an Alan Gibson S Scale crew.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Andy !! Captures the look of "Little Tom" very well.
    I have some Sharman wheels put aside to build one that I've had for about 20 years now !! Must get on with it.

    ReplyDelete